Saturday, October 31, 2009

Straightening the factual lines.

It's not a new thing this gig at Mid Century Modern Moms. I've been there since January, I just didn't tell you guys about it, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep up the pace, and I'm not good at self-promotion - I've never been able to ask a boss for a raise, ever!

Just thought I'd post that here rather in the comments of my last post, 'cause you might not go back and read them to get my response.

I have to confess that the other thing that's kept me from this blog is Facebook. I sort of feel as though my occasional one line status updates almost feeds my need to share my life with the world. It's a little unsatisfactory though 'cause I have friends on there who are not really friends but who it would be awkward in real life if I didn't accept their Facebook friend request. The etiquette of the cyberage is no less tricky than the etiquette required in the 1800's! (And less clear, to boot!)

I think I'm going to be doing a bit more thinking here on my blog again to try and regain some of that elusive satisfaction. Heck, that's why I went to all the trouble of starting a new blog with new names 'n all. Let's see how I go.

Maisy - who loves her cyber friends.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Facebook has certainly affected my need to write in my blog. The blog had been my regular connection to the outside world, especially after I more-or-less stopped posting to the board.

    With Facebook, I was able to keep in touch with my buddies, and my blogging frequency dropped dramatically. But FB really isn't conducive to introspection.

    I'm excited about NaNoWriMo -- and my new gig on 50-Something Moms -- to get me back into being more intentional about reflecting, shaping, guiding my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing your fan club will follow you wherever you go. :)

    Just had to give you some crap. It's my job. Cuz I said so.

    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete