Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's them not me.

You know what I hate?

I hate that whenever I mention things I did with my late husband they look at me as if I've used unsavoury language while talking about a politically incorrect topic. The politically incorrect topic being my life.

They can talk about things their husband did 10 years ago, 10 months ago, 10 weeks ago, 10 minutes ago. Apparently that's quite acceptable.

Me using the one option available to me is not.

Apparently I'm supposed to wipe all memory of my husband. I guess my children were immaculately conceived.

I've adjusted to being a widow. It's the world around me that has an issue with it.



2 comments:

  1. Grrrrrrr...

    Which is to say, you are so right. And it is utterly maddening. Not that you are right, but this little problem that the world has.

    Grrrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is maddening. Crazy-making. But I'm not going to stop talking about my Nelson just to make other people more comfortable. If it makes them squirm a bit, it's them with the problem, not me.

    Nor should you stop talking about your husband just to make other people more comfortable. Is it the reminder of their own mortality? That it could happen to them? What is wrong with people?

    You are SO RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete